In short, I graduated from Tsinghua University in 1985 and 1987 respectively for B.E. and M.E., and a Ph.D. in George Mason University in Virginia USA in 1998. I worked in Semiconductor and IC industries in Silicon Valley, California for over 10 years. In 2013 I joined Shanghai Jiaotong University, working on project-oriented between aero-engine and nano and MEMS (→). Also interested in interactive topic in physical/mental/spiritual multidiscipines (→).
Contact：my 微信wechat （left）Contact me: 158009524八0 ， franklinduan 圈儿a sjtu.edu.cn
（1）经历： 多年来（1998- ）在国际一流的美国半导体大公司（LSI, AMD ， Slicon Valley...）积累了丰富的先进的集成电路技术实践经验。主持和研发了从0.8微米到45纳米的前沿集成电路技术，包括物理研究、研制和开发各类新型半导体器件、各类半导体存储器件及各类专用集成电路、半导体技术的研发及可靠性论证。
1985年和1987年清华大学学士和硕士毕业，1998年美国GMU博士，在硅谷工作了15多年（LSI和AMD），参与了IC开发工艺（从0.13微米 - 45纳米）。2013年加入交大微纳院团队，从事航空发动机涡轮叶片表面原位集成薄膜传感器及FBAR、SAW等RF分立器件产业化方向的（详见：http://km2000.us/franklinduan/）
研究方向亮点：1. 有非常好的即时应用背景，完美的课题结题会给学生未来的就业提供很好的背景。2. 航空发动机是一个集材料、结构、加工、热动力学和电子学等等的高难度工程，国家提供了足够的国力支撑；3.手机射频与无线遥感对于未来的IoT与AI行业有非常重大的应用意义和战略意义。
【研究生培养】dream ahead, road underfoot, and I am on the road or "dream is ahead, the road is at the foot, I am on the road"
He graduated from Tsinghua University with a
bachelor's degree in 1985, and worked in Silicon Valley for more than 15 years
(LSI and AMD) in 1998. He worked in integrated circuit technology and design
(from 0.13 microns to 45 nm). Teaching and paying attention to scientific
research. Teaching and scientific research are the wings of teachers: those who
are only busy with scientific research will lack the conciseness and
directionality of scientific research; the teaching without scientific research
for a long time will lose vitality, and teachers = scientific research +
teaching, and the whole life and work will become practical.
A. Research direction:
1. The cross-application of micro-nano and aviation, that is, the use of MEMS technology to make Pt / PtRh thin-film sensors on the surface of aero-engine turbine blades, can currently reliably and reliably measure the surface high temperature of 1200 degrees Celsius. See: http://km2000.us/franklinduan/publication.html;
2. Wireless passive RF devices and aero engine intelligence, wireless RF and high temperature wireless passive remote sensing measurement, high temperature resistant integrated antenna on the surface of engine blades, FBAR / SAW RF devices. See the references above for details.
B. Research highlights:
1. Have a very good background in real-time application. The perfect project conclusion will provide a good background for students' future employment.
2. The aero-engine is a difficult project integrating materials, structure, processing, thermodynamics, electronics, etc., and the country has provided sufficient national support;
3. Mobile phone RF and wireless remote sensing have very important application and strategic significance for the future IoT and AI industries.
Two courses, 1. Introduction to Engineering (my book); 2. Integrated Circuit Technology (my book). The course focuses on the students' experiential learning. The assessment is mainly in the usual way. The teaching center is transferred from teachers to students. It focuses on method and process education. It does not pursue standard answers and always has the best solution ...
There are three things for graduate students: being able to graduate, finding a job (including going abroad and studying for a Ph.D.), and internal skills, cultivating internal skills, building R & D capabilities, and teamwork are the preferred values of being a graduate mentor. The differences between graduate students and undergraduates are: from learning knowledge to creating knowledge, from answering teacher questions to asking engineering questions that are feasible and necessary → Finding resources to solve the problem → Final defense, that is, the correct expression of the results (Graduation thesis and published articles) and expressions (Graduation Defense PPT). The postgraduate stage is an important transition period from the study to the future career development. I have also come step by step from the students. I have experienced in the IC industry for more than ten years in Silicon Valley. I have personal experience and understanding of what expectations the future postgraduates have. Now that I am a teacher, these experiences will be beneficial to the training of students.
Expectations for students:
Make full use of the wonderful resources of
the Jiaotong University and use it to the extreme. For yourself, realize the
"dream is ahead, the road is at the foot, I am on the road" feeling. There
is no limit to the professional scope of students. Application-oriented,
cross-disciplinary and integrated application of resources will be the future
In 1987 1985, he received his bachelor's degree and master's degree from Tsinghua University. In 1998, he worked in Silicon Valley for more than 15 years in the United States (LSI and AMD), integrated circuit technology and design (from 0.13 micron to 45 nm). In 2013, he joined the Jiaotong University micro team, focusing on teaching and scientific research. Teaching and scientific research are teachers' wings: those who are busy with scientific research will lose the simplicity and directionality of scientific research; if they do not engage in scientific research for a long time, they will lose their vigor; teachers = scientific research and teaching, and their whole life and work will become steadfast.
A. research direction:
1. micro nano and aviation cross application, that is, in the aero engine turbine blade surface using MEMS technology to make Pt/PtRh thin film sensor, at present can reliably and reliably measure the surface temperature of 1200 degrees Celsius. For details, see: http://km2000.us/franklinduan/publication.html;
2. wireless passive RF devices and aero-engine intelligence, radio frequency and high temperature wireless passive remote sensing measurement, engine blade surface high temperature integrated antenna, FBAR/SAW RF device. See the references above.
Highlights of B. research:
1. there is a very good background for immediate application. The perfect topic will provide a good background for students' future employment.
2. aero engine is a difficult project integrating materials, structure, processing, thermal dynamics and electronics. The state has provided enough national strength to support it.
3. mobile radio and wireless remote sensing will be of great practical significance and strategic significance for the future IoT and AI industry.
Two courses, 1. introduction to engineering; 2. integrated circuit technology. The curriculum focuses on students' experiential learning, and the assessment is mainly based on peacetime. Teaching centers transfer from teachers to students, pay attention to methods and process education, do not pursue standard answers, and always have the best plan.
Graduate students have three things: graduation, finding a job (including going abroad and reading) and internal work, cultivating "internal strength", building R & D ability and teamwork are the first values of graduate tutors. The difference between graduate students and undergraduates is that from learning knowledge to creating knowledge, from answering teachers' questions to asking engineering questions that are feasible and necessary, finding resources to solve problems. Finally, graduation defense, that is, correct expression of results (graduation thesis and hair table articles) and expression (graduation reply PPT). The graduate stage is an important transitional period from study to work and future career development. I also come from students step by step. In the past ten years of IC industry in Silicon Valley, I have experienced and understood the expectations of future graduate students. Now I am a teacher, and these experiences will benefit students in their training process.
Expectations for students: make full use of the good resources of Jiaotong University, use Jiaotong University to the extreme, and realize the feeling of "dream ahead, road underfoot, and I am on the road" for myself. There is no restriction on the professional scope of students. Application oriented, interdisciplinary and integrated application of resources will be the future direction.